December in Paris
Even if Xmas in Paris is a unique experience, visiting Paris in December is a good idea in all other days too! There is a lot to do, among special events and the Xmas market. For this Xmas 2019 in Paris, you can merge yourself in a pure Christmas in Paris atmosphere, thanks to lights, Xmas brunch events, Parisian Christmas gardens…
Each institution varies the Paris Xmas break but what you surely need to know is that Xmas events in Paris start from November 17, 2019, and should end on the 6th of January 2020.
Paris in December 2019, events to go
Even if the main events in Paris in December 2019, I like considering alternatives. For example, on December the 1st there is the Grand Tasting of the best wines in Paris! It will be at the Carrousel du Louvre and I think it is one of the best occasions to taste authentic Parisian flavors.
Until December the 2, there will be the Salon du Cheval de Paris, a festival dedicated to horses, at the Paris Nord Villepinte. Paris always offers events for everyone.
For those who are interested in art, the date to note down is December 11. That is the day of the Fernand Khnoppf and Jean Jacques Lequeu exhibitions hosted at the Petit Palais.
Anyway, there is an event that is planned for Xmas but is great for music lovers too. From December the 22nd to the 29th, there will be lots of Christmas Concerts in Paris, at La Chapelle church. Listening to music in a gothic architecture masterpiece is something to do if you are in Paris in December 2019.
The best activities to do if you are spending Xmas 2019 in Paris surely are going to Xmas markets and Xmas gardens, admiring the Xmas lights in Paris and go shopping. But, I also know that this is not a schedule to follow every day.
During Xmas time, a great idea is to participate in a Xmas brunch in Paris. Croissants and crepes are just a few of the delicious food you can taste in all the places that propose this formula.
Visualizza questo post su Instagram
Paris in December, what will be the weather like
Weather in Paris in December 2019 will be cold. Also, since during this month winter begins, it should have more rainy days than November.
Anyway, the temperature average in Paris in December 2019 vary from 32 to 41 F°. The climate is very cold even if the days are still long: the sun usually goes down at 6 p.m.!
Even if the wheater in Paris in December 2019 is not one of the best, it still is one of the best times of the year to see how Paris changes during Xmas time!
If you don’t have any clue about what put in your luggage, take a look at the Suitcase guide to Paris, good for every season of the year.
Paris Xmas Market 2019, the best Xmas Markets
Xmas Markets in Paris is a lot and that is why I think it is useful to propose a selection and the most important Xmas market in Paris dates. I always recommend the market in Paris experience: you can truly feel like a local and see how locals live and shop.
If you want to admire Paris at Xmas 2019, going to a Paris Xmas Market is the best way. It is such a tradition in Paris! Since the 1900s, the Christmas market became popular in Paris too. Originally, this tradition was born in Germany and Alsace.
- The most traditional Xmas Markets in Paris are in Place Saint-Germain-des-Prés (Arrondissement 6). It features a complete Christmas Village in Paris! It’s the perfect place to go for people of all ages who love pure Christmas vibes! Especially, for who is in Paris with kids. From December the 1st to January the 1st, both the village and the Xmas market are open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- If you want to be in the very heart of Paris, you can go to Place du Trocadéro and then walking along the Avenue des Champs-Elysées. Whether you will like what Xmas markets in Paris sell or not, you will surely be in one of the best areas to go shopping for this Xmas 2019! Find out where to go shopping in Paris! Unfortunately, this year there will be no Xmas market along the Champs-Eysées but you can still find some of the best shops and boutiques there. The market has been moved to the Tuileries Garden and the Louvre areas.
- Tuileries Christmas Market is a way to unify fun for kids and shopping for adults. Also, you can admire one of the most famous Xmas gardens in Paris! There are more than 100 stands where you can shop or eat! From the last week of November till the first week of January, this market will surely be open.
- The Xmas Market at La Défense is also known as the Marche de Noel. It is one of the biggest in Paris since it includes about 300 stands! It is open daily, from the last days of November till the end of December. Opening hours are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Montmartre Xmas Market in Arrondissement 18 stands are all around the hill where you can visit Sacre Coeur cathedral. Since you still are in Paris and Montmartre is a must-see, take the chance to buy local products. It opens from 10 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. on weekends from the early days of December till January.
Visualizza questo post su Instagram
Paris Xmas lights best locations
Paris Xmas lights are famous all over the world. And it’s true! You can admire Paris Illuminations all around the city. Let’s figure out which one is the place to go to admire Christmas lights in Paris.
- Paris Xmas Markets
Going to a Xmas market in Paris means living the true Parisian atmosphere for Christmas. That is because markets are the place where locals go shopping! It is a great possibility to steal more stylish ideas. Even if everything is very traditional in the aspect too, markets are very well-designed with Xmas lights too.
- Champs Elysees
Of course, you can imagine how wonderful the Champs Elysees can be at Xmas. Can they be even more splendid and shiny? Yes, they can. Magic always happens at Christmas.
- From the Seine
I know it might sound crazy since Paris is usually cold in Winter but I think that one of the best ways to admire Xmas lights in Paris is from the Seine! Join a tour on a Bateaux Mouche and cross the city, transformed by Christmas. Read more about Paris from the Seine.
- Place Vendome
If you miss your huge Xmas tree, you can still find some of the greatest at Place Vendome! What is so special about them is the elegant Xmas lights. Also, it is very close to Le Marais, another must-see in Paris!
- Paris churches
From the middle of November to the early days of January, Paris churches participate in Xmas decorations proposing beautiful Xmas lights. Every time you enter a church during this time of the year, you feel the warmness of Xmas lights!
- Disneyland Paris
Christmas at Paris Disneyland is another occasion to make all the Disney land shine. At Disneyland, everything it’s perfect and for Xmas, there’s nothing out of place too. Read the Disneyland Paris Guide!