Paris Fashion Week 2020
Paris is one of the Meccas for fashion victims, and the Paris Fashion Week 2020 is something you must live if you love fashion and you are in Paris during those days of the year. Also, Fashion Week is a tradition, since it was established in 1945 by the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture to have the best regulation of the Haute Couture houses.
In the beginning, Fashion Week rules were applied mostly to Maisons. But, during the last years, rules became very important to models too. The latest rules are about the minimum body mass index, and models must be over 18.
There are many rules to join Paris Fashion Week and, of course, you must have that something to be part of that shining elite of famous and talented designers. But, if you would like to participate in this huge event just as part of the public, I would like to help you figure out how.
Paris Fashion Week 2020 is one of the most important Fashion Weeks in the world! It is part of the so-called Big 4, the 4 most important fashion weeks that are held in London, Milan, New York and, of course, Paris!
- 1 Fashion Week postponed and cancelled events
- 2 Fashion Week online events
- 3 Paris Winter Fashion Week 2020 highlights
- 4 When is Paris Fashion Week 2020
- 5 How to get tickets for Paris Fashion Week 2020
- 6 How to go to Paris Fashion Week 2020
- 7 Open-to-the-public events and trunk shows
- 8 Paris Fashion Week Frequently Asked Questions
Fashion Week postponed and cancelled events
The following events have been postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19 spreading.
- New York Fashion Week, Men’s
June 9 – 11, 2020, postponed
- Milan Fashion Week (Men’s)
Moved to September, along with the Milan Fashion Week Women’s
- Paris Fashion Week (Men’s)
June 23 – 28, 2020, cancelled.
London Fashion Week Men’s and London Fashion Week Women’s originally scheduled on June 12 – 15, 2020, is going digital. More TBA.
Fashion Week online events
FashionWeekonline is proposing some events online to fashionistas who can’t wait for the world to return spinning and wants to join Fashion events by now. The following events are for VIP members. The subscription costs 15 dollars per year.
- Monday and Tuesday there always is a free fashion summit;
- Paraiso Miami Beach to Launch Digital-Only Swim Week in Light of Coronaviurus;
- Virtual Bridal Appontiments with Anne Barge Bridal Atelier;
Paris Winter Fashion Week 2020 highlights
Paris Fashion Week is one of the most followed events even by those who are not into fashion 24/7. That is because many famous and admired models are involved. And, sometimes, fashion week are open to Youtuber and singers/rappers as well.
Here are the celebrities who had all the attention of the Fashion Week 2020 followers!
- Emma Chamberlain, who is a famous American YouTuber and content creator, is often in the front rows of many Fashion Week events. She joined already 2 times Paris Fashion Week with stunning outfits by Louis Vuitton! Louis Vuitton sent her different outfits that are simple but colorful. Unlike other web celebrities, Emma Chamberlain shows exactly how young she is, and wear outfits that don’t make her look older.
- Gigi Hadid and her sister Bella are two models who are very loved by their audience. That is because they are known all over the Fashion world for their professionalism, and for their kind personalities. It is very rare that something that is worn by them is not appreciated! During Paris Fashion Week 2020, Gigi and Bella Hadid amazed everyone wearing super elegant coats and dresses by Lanvin. Following the Hadids means to be always updated on the latest Fashion news, since they work for the greatest Maisons, such as Dior, Louis Vuitton, Lanvin…
- Cardi B is a rapper who always surprises her followers with bold outfits. Careless of the weather, Cardi B went to the latest Paris Fashion Week 2020 shows in a Catwoman outfit. She only covered her head to debut at this huge event of the Fashion World. I have to say that part of the followers of the 27-years-old rapper just wait to see what she will do next!
Even if Paris Fashion week 2020 events are dedicated to fashion for both women and men, the protagonists are definitely women.
When is Paris Fashion Week 2020
Here are the most fashionable dates of the year to note down on your agenda of fashion!
Men’s Paris Fashion Week 2020
There is not just one Paris Fashion Week dedicated to Men. As for other important fashion events, you can join Men’s Paris Fashion Week at least two times per year. The first Men’s Paris Fashion Week in 2020 is from Tuesday, January 14 to Sunday, January 19, 2020.
The second Men’s Fashion Week 2020 date to keep in mind goes from Tuesday, June 23 to Sunday, June 28, 2020.
Women’s Paris Fashion Week 2020 dates
Wome’ns Paris Fashion Week 2020 in Winter will be from Monday, February 24 to Tuesday, March 3. Then, there will be another Women’s Paris Fashion Week from Monday, September 28 to Tuesday, October 6, 2020.
Haute Couture events
Haute Couture days are other special weeks in which events are planned by the same company that manages Fashion Week: La Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode. In these events, you can attend events about fashion for men and women. Haute Couture 2020 will be from Monday, January 20, 2020, to Thursday, January 23, 2020. Another chance will be in Summer, from Sunday, July 5 to Thursday, July 9, 2020
Paris Fashion Week 2020 Online
If the Paris Fashion Week dates do not fit your agenda for fashion, I suggest joining the event at least online! Fashion Week Online offers the possibility to buy the streaming of the most important events of Paris Fashion Weeks 2020!
Visualizza questo post su Instagram
How to get tickets for Paris Fashion Week 2020
Paris Fashion Week is a huge event everyone wants to go to. There you can meet the most famous stylists, designers, models, and artists. You can have access to most of the events only by invitation. Anyway, here how you can do to try to have an invitation to Paris Fashion Week 2020 events.
- You can apply to have accreditation. You need to submit your application to the French Federation of Fashion.
- Send an e-mail or a message to the designers your love! The best way to do so it’s to send your request to the designer’s press contact. Designers are super-busy and they won’t look at private messages by unknown people during those days!
- You can even take advantage of volunteer opportunities. Many design houses look for volunteers for huge events such as these!
Pay attention!!! You need a verified Paris address to join Fashion Week.
How to go to Paris Fashion Week 2020
Usually, the places where Fashion Week events are held in Paris are the Carrousel du Louvre (arrondissement 1), and the Grand Palais (arrondissement 8).
Also, famous brands Maisons host exclusive events too. Brands like Dior, Chanel, Givenchy, and Louis Vuitton offer a splendid location where you can admire their latest collections.
In 2020, the Chanel parade will be on the rooftop of the Grand Palais! Yves Saint-Laurent show will be at the Eiffel Tower. Courrèges will stand out along Canal St. Martin. Lanvin parade will be at the tropical forest at the Musée du Quai Branly.
Even if you won’t get the invitation to get into these exclusive events, you can still take a look at how the city changes during the days entirely dedicated to the art of fashion.
Visualizza questo post su Instagram
Open-to-the-public events and trunk shows
How can you do if you do love fashion but you don’t have an invitation to participate in the Paris Fashion Week 2020? You can try to catch the events that are open to the public. Find them in the schedule of the Paris Fashion Week official site a few days earlier from the beginning!
But, if you don’t seek for spectacular fashion shows, you can also go to Galeries Lafayette and watch the “trunk shows”. They are fashion shows about the newest incoming collections in the store! You can go to a trunk show at every time of the year.
Paris Fashion Week Frequently Asked Questions
Here a bunch of frequently asked questions with the answers you may need!
Where is Paris Fashion Week?
La Semaine de la mode de Paris, alias the Paris Fashion Week, includes a series of events that are held in so many places around the city. The venues are in many spots in Paris. If you would like to see something of Paris Fashion Week for sure, I recommend consulting the biggest Maisons official sites!
What about Paris Fashion Week interviews?
Paris Fashion Week 2020 is once again the possibility to know better the world of fashion. That means that along with the designers, models get interviews too! Fashion Weeks are the way to try to know which are the goals of who lives for fashion, and for who wants to understand shades and lights of the peculiar world of fashion.
When was Paris Fashion Week 2019?
The most crowded Paris Fashion Weeks in 2019 have been from the 25th of February to the 5th of March. And, from the 23rd of September to October 1.
What should I wear in Paris during Paris Fashion Week 2020?
A basic look with unique accessories is a simple way to dress at your best during Paris Fashion Week. Be careful when pairing the layers of your outfit! If you want o know more about this subject, take a look at the Parisian style: how to follow it.
What is Paris Haute Couture?
Paris Haute Couture is about high-quality dressmaking, also known as high fashion. Keep in mind that Haute stands for high in French! These two words usually refer to exclusive custom-fitted clothes. The difference between Haute Couture and couture is that the last one is about dressmaking. Haute Couture is the highest quality and haute couture dresses must respect many rules to be considered so.
What brands are Haute Couture?
To know which brands take part in Haute Couture events, it might be useful to know which ones are Haute Couture! The best ones surely are Chanel, Atelier Gustavolins, Bouchra Jarrar, Alexandre Vauthier, Frank Sorbier, Christian Dior, Maurizio Galante, Alexis Mabille.
How expensive is haute couture?
As always, the expensiveness of something can be established based on a single person. But, Haute Couture might be officially expensive for most of the people anyway. Just think that a Chanel Haute Couture product cost at least 40.000 dollars! Bridal dresses cost at least 100.000 dollars and it might cost more according to the embellishments.
Is Paris safe during Fashion Week 2020?
Yes, of course! Paris is safe to visit. Even if nowhere in the world is 100% safe all the time, in Paris there are at least several controls. You will know it immediately because whether you want to go to a fashion show or in a museum, you will get your purse scanned.
How many people buy haute couture?
Haute couture is so expensive that it is a rare luxury! No more than 4000 people in the world can afford the highest quality clothing sold during these weeks.
What is Demi Couture?
Demi couture means half-couture and it refers to clothes that are not top-quality nor fast fashion. Demi-couture is still custom-made high-quality sewing but it also is ready-to-wear. A synonym to refer to ready-to-wear clothing is pret-a-porter. The quality is still very high but pret-a-porter is something you can look at as a potential buyer too!
Which are the 5 stages of the fashion cycle?
To better understand the complex dynamics of the world of fashion, keep in mind the 5 stages of the fashion cycle! The 5 stages are the introduction, rise, culmination, decline, and obsolescence.