Good to know: 10 things to avoid in Paris
Here the 10 most important things to avoid in Paris. If you are reading this article, you could be looking for Helpful Numbers too!
If you are organizing a leisure travel in Paris or you have to come in the city for business, these information are always good to know.
10 things to avoid in Paris
- Avoid going in restaurants without having read the price list first. It is always better to have an idea of what you are going to eat and how much it will cost.
- Don’t buy single tickets for transports. Take a look about transports pass and discover which is the best for you. You will save money and you will move faster.
- Remember of not putting your money near your ticket. When coins get in contact with metal, the ticket demagnetizes.
- Another thing to avoid in Paris is taking taxi all the time. It is ok if it is very late at night or if you are taking it just one or two times during all your stay in Paris.
- Be sceptic if somebody offers you a very cheap Iphone or Ipad. If you go in the beautiful flea market in Saint Ouen don’t buy cheap Iphones and Ipad offered to you in the streets. They probably are stolen and could not work.
- To avoid in Paris are certain areas at night. Bois de Boulogne, Barbès-Rochechouart, Chatelet-Les-Halles, St. Denis. They are ok during the day.
- Don’t go shopping in Champs Elysées: there are only big companies shop that you can find in every corner of the world!
- When you are in the city, remember that to avoid in Paris is having dinner in Montmartre. In that area there are lots of touristic restaurants that are not designed for tourists at all! They are very expensive.
- Don’t buy portraits. In Montmartre is very common meeting people who want to paint you a portrait. They are so expensive, and they are not worth your money!
- Be aware of certain people that ask you if you speak English. They often make this question to ask money in your language then.