Louvre Museum, the useful info you need
The Louvre is one of the most famous art museum of the world. Just think about its pyramid! It truly is one of the symbol of Paris, leaving aside all the artworks. The designer of this architecture masterpiece is Pierre Lescot. After him, there were Jean Goujon and Fontaine.
Louvre museum is practically a sacred place for art lovers. That is why you need a proper dress code to visit it. Even if outside is very warm, remember that inside you must be respectful.
Useful information about Louvre museum
- Where is the museum? Even if you don’t have a map, remember that this museum is in arrondissement 1. The full adress is 99 rue de Rivoli. You can go there by metro. Just get off at Palais Royal – Musée du Louvre stop! You can access to the museum through various door. They are in Hall Napoleon (the main one); the Richelieu passage; porte des Lion and jardin du Carrousel.
- When is it open? The Louvre museum is open every day. It is closed only on Tuesdays! The opening hours are from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. When it is open at night – on Wednesday and on Friday, it is open till 9.45 p.m. If you need information that are more precise take a look on the official site of the museum too.
- Which are its collections? Once you get there, you will find collections about art of all times and of all places: from Italy to France; from Netherlands to Spain; from German to England. It is very exciting and emotional seeing all those artworks and masterpieces in a such a beautiful place.
The skip-the-line ticket
Buying this, you won’t do the huge line that is outside this beautiful building every day. You will go straight to the Monna Lisa!
The ticket that I propose includes:
- Skipping the line;
- Access ticket at a fixed price;
- a 2 hours tour in English or German language;
If you want to join this tour and take the advantage of skipping the line, note down that the meeting point is at 162 Rue de Rivoli, near the souvenir shop.