Paris Transports Pass, would you know which one is for you?
It is great to know everything in advance about transports pass in Paris. When you visit Paris, you move around a lot. Here you can read all the information you need to choose in advance the best transports pass for your needs.
There are a lot of transports pass you can use in Paris but I think these ones are the bests.
RATP transports pass
You can buy the basic-ticket. It costs 1.90 €. You can choose to buy a 10 ticket carnet. It is called T+ and it costs 14.90 € for adults and 7.45 € for children. If your children are younger than 4, they travel for free.
The T+ is ok if you want to take just one type of transports. To change from metro to bus you need to take another ticket.
You can also choose for a daily transports pass.
It costs 7.50 €. If you are younger than 26, you pay 4.10 in weekend and holidays. The weekly RATP transports pass costs 22.80 €, the monthly 75.20 €.
This is the most basic transports pass. Let’s see other solutions!
Paris Visite transports pass
- Paris Visite for zones 1, 2 and 3 costs 12 € for a day; 19.50 € for 2 days; 26.65 € for 3 days and 38,35 for 5 days.
- Paris Visite for zones 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 costs 25.25 € for 1 day, 38.35 € for 2 days, 53.75 for 3 days and 65.80 for 5 days.
If your children are younger than 4 they travel for free. If they are younger than 11, the price is the half of the full amount.
The advantage is that with the transports pass Paris Visite you can take metro, RER trains, SNCF trains, buses, tram and Montmartre funicular.
The disadvantage is that you can travel only in certain zones.
Plus: if you buy the Paris Pass, a card that includes museum Pass and various discounts, you will have Paris Visite card included.
Passlib transports pass
The Mini Passlib includes 1-hour cruise on the Seine and the access to the Eiffel Tower. It costs 20 €.
The other Passlib options include the Paris Visite for 2 days the Paris Museum Pass for 2 days, one-hour cruise on the Seine, 1 day access to a panoramic bus, free access to the municipal museums of Paris and the access to the Eiffel Tower. You can choose if buy it for 2, 3, or 5 days.
If you choose Passlib, you can download its app for smartphones.
Mobilis – daily transports pass (ok for RER Orly, RER CG, Orlybus and Roissybus too)
This transports pass is okay if you need to do many journeys in a specific day. It is referred to zones, so it is good when you decide to make a trip in zones where you usually don’t go. Think about a trip to Versailles!
- Mobilis 1-2 costs 7.50 €
- The Mobilis 1-3 costs 10.00 €
- Mobilis 1-4 costs 12.30 € (and it is ok for RER Orly and Orlybus too)
- The Mobilis 1-5 costs 17.80 € (and it is ok for RER CG and Roissybus too)
Paris Navigo is a pass that you can subscribe in a weekly or monthly formula. It is perfect for those who don’t live in Paris but need to stay in the city for a long time. This pass is valid from Monday to Sunday. Buying this, you can take any transports you want.
You can buy it anywhere and here is what you need.
- € 22.80 since this is the weekly cost of Paris Navigo. It comprehends free access to transports in zones 1,2,3,4 and 5. It includes Versailles and Disneyland too! Bring with you 5 euros extra for the card itself. It remains valid for 10 years.
- A picture of you since you must glue it to the Paris Navigo card.
Want to know more about transports in Paris? Click here!