How to Say Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year in Paris
If you are going to spend Xmas in Paris, or you would like to give a French touch to your Christmas, you need to speak properly! Find out how to wish a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in French.
Every People has their own way to celebrate festivities, and the French have them too. If you would like to know more about Xmas in Paris, take a look at Paris like a Local. Today, I would like just to share some pieces of advice to write the perfect Parisian Xmas card, and some easy sentences to make Xmas wishes in French.
Wouldn’t it be perfect to receive tickets to Paris with the perfect Xmas card in French?!
You can include Christmas wishes in your Instagram captions too! Give a fancy touch to your profile by wishing your follower a happy new year in French!
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year… in French
Whether you will write your whole card in French or just use some words to make it funnier, here are the fundamentals to send wishes in French for Christmas and for the New Year.
- You can use Cher (for men) and Chère (for women) instead of “dear”;
- Say “Joyeux Noel” if you would like to wish Happy Xmas!
- Bonne année is to say Happy New Year;
- The most complete wish is “Bonnes fêtes de fin d’année“. It literally means happy holidays and happy New Year’s Eve.
- To enrich your postcards, write “Grosses bises” (i.e. Kisses!)
- If you are looking for something to write on the gift, try “Pour X de la part de Y” (To X, from Y).
Are you ready to surprise your dearest with the most French wishes ever?! Don’t forget to improve your pronunciation before! Read more advice on how to learn French from Home.