COVID-19 in Paris, December 2020 updates
30 December updates
- The latest data about COVID-19 in France reports more than 60 deaths and more than 500 cases in ICU.
- From December 31, 2020, to January 3, 2021, the curfew is from 8 pm to 6 am.
- Since the hypothesis of the third wave of coronavirus is becoming more clear day by day, there will be other confinements. By now, the curfew is at 6 pm in departments where the virus is more active.
- According to the latest data released by Public Health France, there have been more than 800 deaths in the latest 24 hours, and more than 11000 new cases.
- Travel from the United Kingdom is suspended until today for sure. Also, people who return from the UK must take a PCR test.
- The vaccination campaign will start on December 27. Europe is expected to receive 12.5 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
- The latest data about Coronavirus in France reports more than 260 deaths and more than 18000 new cases.
- If you are coming to Paris in December 2020 or in 2021, keep always posted about the latest rules to prevent the spreading of the COVID-19 epidemic. There is the hypothesis of a third way in January and new restrictions may occur.
- The Coronavirus epidemic in France continues. There have been more than 300 deaths in the latest 24 hours, and more than 17000 new cases.
- About reopenings in Paris. According to the latest study published by the Institut Pasteur, restaurants and bars are places where the risk of contamination is high. Even transports are less risky. There is no guaranteed reopening on January 7 for cultural venues as well. Museums, theaters, and cinemas may stay close longer.
- We must remain cautious for at least other 3 or 6 months, as declared by the President of the Scientific Council Jean-François Delfraissy.
- The latest data about COVID-19 in Paris and in France report 790 deaths in 24 hours and 11532 new cases.
- Disneyland Paris will reopen on February 12 to prevent the spreading of COVID-19.
- You will have the possibility to follow opera singers online since Covid-19 will keep venues closed.
- The latest data about Coronavirus in Paris reports 12 deaths from COVID-19 and 607 new cases in ICU in the latest 24 hours.
- Tomorrow December 15, 2020, will begin a new phase of deconfinement. Anyway, this does not mean that people can do what they want. There are many obligations, such as the curfew at 8 pm. Also, museums and all other cultural attractions will remain close at least until January 7, 2021.
- On December 10, the Minister of Culture discussed the words of Jean Castex’s announcements about the closure of museums, theatres, and cinemas. There will be no reopening on January 7. But, there will be a phase of ‘observation’ of the sanitary situation. The Minister of Culture Roselyne Bachelot said: “Culture is essential but we can, for health reasons, make sure to protect ourselves for a few weeks“.
- According to the latest words by Jean Castex, December 10 is going to be the day when people may finally understand which new rules respect at Xmas to prevent the spreading of COVID-19.
- The latest data on infected people in France stands that 831 people died in the latest hours, and there are more than 13713 new cases.
- The latest data about Coronavirus in France reports 6174 deaths and 11022 new cases. During the latest 24 hours, 174 people died in the whole nation.
- Even if the second phase of deconfinement is beginning on December 15, there still are many rules to respect. Also, everything must be confirmed according to the updates.
- Emmanuel Macron presented the plan for the national vaccination campaign already in November. From the beginning of the year, there will be a free vaccine for all, prioritizing the nursing staff.
- On December 3, Jean Castex confirmed that the max number of people for Xmas per house is 6 adults, not counting children.
- From January, at least 30% of the French population will get the vaccine;
- Since Valerie Giscard d’Estaing died at the age of 94 two days ago, President Emmanuel Macron declared a day of national mourning on December 9.
- Although the government has announced a reduction of the rules concerning confinement from December 15, there still will be a need for caution during the Xmas holidays.
- Even in the intensive care unit occupancy dropped below 70%, on December 1 France registered 775 deaths caused by Covid-19 and 8083 new cases.