Under 26 in Paris: Free entrance, ticket discounts
If you are under 26 and you are in Paris, you are very lucky! You can take advantage of important discounts about the metro, many museums, and attractions of the city. Here you will know where you find under 26 free entry.
Since April 2009, EU citizens + Norway, Island and Liechtenstein under 26 have free entrance in every museum of France and every national museum. In some museums, you need to do the line anyway and then take your free ticket. In others, you can just show a valid ID and enter, without any queue. But let’s focus on all the advantages for those who are younger than 26. If you are an Eu resident, this is a real money-saving!
Visualizza questo post su Instagram
Under 26 discounts in Paris metro
If you are under 26, you can buy the Ticket Jeune (i.e. for young people). It is a daily ticket that allows you to move around Paris taking the transport you prefer: metro, RER, bus, tram, SNCF train.
This ticket does not include airport transfer.
And, it includes tickets for cruises on the Seine neither.
The ticket Jeune is valid only during weekends, from 00.00 a.m. to 11.59 p.m. You can buy it where you usually buy normal RATP tickets or you can book it and buy it online.
Before using your Ticket Jeune, you must write your name on it.
The prices vary on the zone:
- The 1-3 zones ticket costs € 3.85;
- Ticket for the zones from 1 to 5 costs € 8.35;
- The 3-5 zones ticket costs € 4.90.
Remember that Paris is divided into 5 zones. Versailles and Orly airport are in the fourth. Disneyland, Auvers Sur Oise, CDG Charles de Gaulle Airport are in the fifth.
Accommodation in Paris for young people
The accommodation for young adults and under 26 in Paris is a lot! If you go to Paris solo or a few people, I suggest taking a look at Solo in Paris and the Paris Travel Planning section. Also, you can find many accommodations that suit your needs. But, if you are in a big group of friends, I think that a great accommodation for under 26 in Paris are hostels.
If you don’t like hostels because you think they lack privacy, just think about the fact that new ones have private rooms too. I insist because in hostels you can make new friends in the halls in a “safe” place. Here a bunch of some of the best ones:
This hostel in Paris is perfect for under 26. That is because it is in a lively area, in arrondissement 9, and you can take advantage of many typical restaurants and cafès where you can eat without spending too much. It is in a bohemian style but neat!
- Les Piaules
This is a good accommodation for young adults in Paris. That is because it is in a lively district, the one of Belleville. Also, it is a refined and neat place. Common halls are cozy and the terrace is good too. The location of this accommodation in Paris is unique! It is between arrondissement 11 and arrondissement 20.
- St Christopher’s Inn
St Christopher Hostel in Paris is a chain. I recommend booking in the one at Gare du Nord. Even if I don’t recommend being there late at night, I think that its position is a great advantage if you want to move around Paris the second you exit the door of your accommodation! And you will use transports a lot. It is in arrondissement 10.
Free entry museums in Paris
If you are younger than 26, you may go to your favorite museum for free! Check if it is in the following list. Besides the Louvre, the Pantheon and the Catacombs, you won’t know where to go first. Remember to take your documents where the staff can check your age and your resident Country.
- Musée d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris
- Maison de Balzac
- Musée Bourdelle
- Crypte archéologique de l’îIe de la Cité
- Cernuschi museum – Musée des Arts asiatiques
- Musée Cognacq-Jay – Musée du XVIIIe siècle
- Musée du général Leclerc de Hauteclocque et de la Libération de Paris – Musée Jean Moulin
- Palais Galliera- Musée de la mode
- Petit Palais – Musée des Beaux-Arts
- Musée de la Vie Romantique
- Musée Zadkine
- Moyen Age museum – Thermes et Hôtel de Cluny
- Quai Branly museum
- Musée Eugène-Delacroix
- Jean-Jacques Henner museum
- Musée Gustave Moreau
- Rodin museum
- Musée des Arts Asiatiques Guimet
- Cité de l’architecture et du patrimoine
- Cité nationale de l’histoire de l’immigration (also known as palais de la Porte Dorée)
- Musée des Arts décoratifs
- Nissim de Camondo museum
- Archives nationales (hôtel de Soubise)
- Musée des arts et métiers
- Musée de l’Institut du monde arabe
- Grande galerie de l’évolution
- Galerie de Paléontologie et d’Anatomie comparée
- Musée de l’Homme
- Basilique Saint-Denis