Under 26 in Paris: Free entrance, ticket discounts
If you are under 26 and you are in Paris, you are very lucky! You can take advantage of important discounts about metro, many museums and attractions of the city. Here you will know where you find under 26 free entry.
Since April 2009, EU citizens + Norway, Island and Liechtenstein under 26 have free entrance in every museum of France and in every national museum. In some museums you need to do the line anyway and then take your free ticket. In others, you can just show a valid ID and enter, without any queue. But let’s focus on all the advantages for those who are younger than 26. If you are Eu resident, this is a real money-saving!
Under 26 discounts in Paris metro
If you are under 26, you can buy the Ticket Jeune (i.e. for young people). It is a daily ticket that allows you to move around Paris taking the transport you prefer: metro, RER, bus, tram, SNCF train.
This ticket does not include airport transfer.
And, it does not include tickets for cruises on Seine neither.
The ticket jeune is valid only during weekends, from 00.00 a.m. to 11.59 p.m. You can buy it where you usually buy normal RATP tickets or you can book it and buy it online.
Before using your Ticket Jeune, you must write your name on it.
The prices vary on the zone:
- The 1-3 zones ticket costs € 3.85;
- Ticket for the zones from 1 to 5 costs € 8.35;
- The 3-5 zones ticket costs € 4.90.
Remember that Paris is divided in 5 zones. Versailles and Orly airport are in the fourth. Disneyland, Auvers suir Oise, CDG Charles de Gaulle Airport are in the fifth.
Free entry museums in Paris
If you are younger than 26, you may go in your favorite museum for free! Check if it is in the following list. Besides the Louvre, the Pantheon and the Catacombs, you won’t know where to go first. Remember to take your documents where the staff can check your age and your resident Country.
- Musée d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris
- Maison de Balzac
- Musée Bourdelle
- Musée Carnavalet – Histoire de Paris
- Les Catacombes de Paris
- Crypte archéologique de l’îIe de la Cité
- Cernuschi museum – Musée des Arts asiatiques
- Musée Cognacq-Jay – Musée du XVIIIe siècle
- Musée du général Leclerc de Hauteclocque et de la Libération de Paris – Musée Jean Moulin
- Palais Galliera- Musée de la mode
- Petit Palais – Musée des Beaux-Arts
- Musée de la Vie romantique
- Maison de Victor Hugo
- Musée Zadkine
- Musée d’Orsay
- Orangerie museum
- Moyen Age museum – Thermes et Hôtel de Cluny
- Quai Branly museum
- musée Eugène-Delacroix
- Jean-Jacques Henner museum
- musée Gustave Moreau
- Rodin museum
- musée Picasso
- Centre Pompidou
- musée des Arts Asiatiques Guimet
- cité de l’architecture et du patrimoine
- cité nationale de l’histoire de l’immigration (also known as palais de la Porte Dorée)
- musée des Arts décoratifs
- Nissim de Camondo museum
- cité de la musique
- Archives nationales (hôtel de Soubise)
- musée des arts et métiers
- Army museum (hôtel national des Invalides)
- Art et d’histoire du Judaïsme museum
- musée de l’Institut du monde arabe
- grande galerie de l’évolution
- galerie de Paléontologie et d’Anatomie comparée
- musée de l’Homme
- Arc de triomphe
- Notre-Dame de Paris
- Basilique Saint-Denis