How to save money planning your stay in Paris
Is it possible to spare money while planning a stay in one of the most expensive cities in the world?
Of course, you can apply many tricks to save money before going to Paris!
You can take advantage of many attractions that are free, and of many discounts to access museums. Besides considering what’s free in planning your time there, you can pay attention to save even more money. Here’s what to consider in booking your accommodation, and choosing which events to attend.
Paris, how to save money in advance
- You can choose to save on transports by staying in a central neighborhood. This will make your entire stay easier, especially if you are coming to Paris for a weekend or for a few days.
- Another way to save money is to book accommodation that is far from the city center. You still have to consider buying a pass for transports, but it is a fixed cost you can consider in advance.
- Taking public transports will make you spare lots of money. Private transports or special shuttles always cost more than RER trains. Paris transports works well, and you can use them to go from the airport to the city center, and during your entire stay.
- Go to museums on the first Sunday of the month. If you can book your stay in Paris including the first Sunday of the month, you will access the most important museums for free! The downside is that everyone knows about it: be prepared to queue.
- Book your stay in Summer to enjoy free events in Paris. Besides the Paris Jazz Festival, there is the Cinéma en Plein air. Also, in Paris pages, many artists perform for free almost every night.
- Don’t pay to access the ‘perfect Paris sight’. You can admire the sight of Paris from many spots you don’t need to pay to go to. Bridges, Montmartre hill, the terrace of the Centre Pompidou…