Coronavirus in Paris, January 2021 updates
January 29, 2021 updates
- According to the latest report about COVID-19 in France, there are 348 additional deaths and 23770 new cases. The hypothesis of third confinement may be confirmed this weekend.
- The latest data about vaccines report that 1.231.783 people have been vaccinated in France.
- The British mutation of COVID-19 is established in Paris. The English variant represents almost 10% of positive cases in the Ile-de-France region.
- According to the latest report, there are 445 additional deaths and 4,240 new cases.
- Curfew from 6 pm is confirmed.
25 January 2021
- Jean François Delfraissy, president of the Scientific Council, expressed his concern about the variants of COVID-19, stating that they are the equivalent of a second pandemic. There is the possibility to go towards a new containment;
- According to the latest reports about Coronavirus in France, there are more than 170 additional deaths and more than 18000 new cases;
22 January 2021
- Ski resort professionals demanded to open as quickly as possible. But, Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne announced that they will not open on February 1, 2021, as previously announced.
- According to the latest data on COVID-19 in France, there are more than 350 additional deaths and more than 23000 new cases.
- According to the latest report about COVID-19 in France, there are 656 additional deaths and more than 24000 new cases;
- 56% of the ICU is occupied in France;
- 100 departments are in a vulnerable situation, the whole Nation is in a state of emergency;
- Curfew from 6 pm is still mandatory.
January 18, 2021
- The Minister of Health, Olivier Véran, declared that people over 75, and people suffering from chronic diseases have priority to access COVID-19 vaccination. It is possible to register for the vaccination from January 15, on the internet or by phone. The aim is to speed up the vaccination campaign.
- According to the latest report, there are more than 100 additional deaths and more than 16000 new cases in the latest hours.
- The curfew is still at 6 pm.
January 15, 2021
- According to the latest data about Coronavirus in France, there are 282 additional deaths and more than 22000 new cases.
- Jean Castex announced the latest government measures to prevent the spreading of COVID-19 in France. Since the situation, by now, is under control but fragile, the curfew is extended to 6 pm in the whole nation. Also, the health protocol will be strengthened in schools, and wherever else is strictly necessary and urgent.
- According to the latest report about Coronavirus in France, there are more than 750 additional deaths and more than 19800 new cases. On Tuesday, January 12, 53% of the ICU is occupied.
- The Ile-de-France region is affected by the English variant of COVID-19. The new cases of this variant are increasing. The local authorities are working on how to deal with it.
- The latest data about the COVID-19 epidemic in France reports more than 150 deaths in the latest hours, and more than 16000 new cases. There is a hypothesis of third confinement to prevent the spreading of the Coronavirus epidemic.
- Since in restaurants there are still lots of restrictions to respect, some of their hosts will have stands at the most famous markets in Paris.
8 January 2021
- According to the latest report about COVID-19 in France, there have been 276 more deaths and more than 217000 new cases.
- In France, the second wave of the epidemic continues. In 15 departments there is a curfew from 6 pm; in the other 10, it starts from 8 pm. Cultural establishments and ski resorts will remain close at least until January 20.
4 January 2021
- The latest data about COVID-19 in Paris report more than 110 deaths and more than 12000 new cases in the latest 24 hours;
- The vaccination program has started in France but very slowly. Since there is a third way expected for this January, the French government is elaborating a plan to face further weeks properly;
- While museums, cinemas, and theatres are still closed, universities are the only place in the world of culture to reopen. Starting from today January 4, 2021, there will be a gradual reopening for universities and schools, as declared by the Minister of Education Frédérique Vidal.