Virtual tours to visit Paris museums online
Whether you couldn’t come to Paris because of COVID-19 spreading or you just have nostalgia for its stunning museums, here is the virtual tours of the museums in Paris you can take.
Yes, you can visit some of the most famous exhibitions comfortably come home! It’s true: it is not the very same than actually being in front of the masterpieces, But, I have to admit that some of the most famous paintings are even more ‘enjoyable’ from home. You don’t have to stand in the crowd to try to see something!
The best virtual tours to Paris museums
- Going to the Louvre official site, you can take a virtual tour of the Louvre! It is one of the most famous museums in Paris all over the world. There, you can see some of the most famous paintings of modern art. Also, their ancient art section is huge. When you go to Paris, visiting the Louvre takes at least one day and you are not even sure to have seen everything. Take the chance to the virtual visit to the Louvre to dedicate proper time to each artwork you are interested in.
- The Musée d’Orsay is another landmark for the lovers in Paris. You can join a virtual tour of the Musée d’Orsay from Musée d’Orsay official site. Since the museum is huge, you can admire artworks by many great artists such as Monet, Cezanne, Renoir, and Degas. Also, take advantage of the virtual tour to take the time to admire the structure of this museum that used to be a station.
- The official site of the Centre Pompidou gives you the chance to join a contemporary art virtual tour. The huge building in Le Marais always hosts the newest exhibitions. Going there guarantees you to learn something new!
- The Picasso Museum is another Paris museum to visit online. If you are so into Picasso, you can admire drawings, sculptures, paintings. If you would like to see something more about other artists too, Picasso museum is still the place for you! Cézanne, Degas, Renoir, Seurat, De Chirico, and Matisse… These are just some of the names of the other artists whose paintings are in this museum in Paris. To visit the Picasso Museum through a virtual tour, go to their official site.
- Eiffel Tower 1900 is an online exhibition to visit Google Arts & Culture. It explores the technical engineering from 1900 on.
- Another famous landmark of Paris to see online is the Sacré-Coeur Basilica, in Montmartre. You can join a guided panoramic visit to Sacre Coeur. It allows you to have a 360-degree view, from the inside and on the outside of the building.
- Visit the online exhibitions of the Grand Palais in Paris from your couch. You can choose among many digital collections and entertainment designed for children. The project is part of the #CultureChezNous project.
- If you are seeing lots of movies during the lockdown, you may want to know more about the history of film. As you might already know, everything started with the Lumières brothers and Melies. Visit the Atelier Lumières online to see art from a precise perspective.
- The Paris Museum of Modern Art offers a 360° virtual tour through Muséosphere, a website that collects info and tours about many Paris museums. Visiting the Paris Museum of Modern Art online, you will see many artworks by Etienne Martin, De Chirico, Raoul Dufy, and Robert Delaunay.
- #CultureChezNous includes the Rodin Museum also. By joining the online tour of the Rodin Museum, you can admire paintings and sculptures by Auguste Rodin. You can take advantage of many videos and audioguide available on the website of the museum.
- Last but not least, a must for visiting Paris museums online is the-uma.org. This site collects different online exhibitions that are designed for the web since it only exists online. It’s awesome.
More about museums in Paris
Collect the essentials to know about the museums in Paris. Prepare yourself for when you will be in the city!