14 museums in Paris that are free
Are you looking for the best museums in Paris to visit for free? Here is the list of 14 museums you can’t miss once you are in the city. They mostly are in the very center of Paris, and the admission is free! Here is all the info you need.
In Paris, 14 museums are managed by the public institution Paris Musées. They put exceptional collections together! These museums represent and preserve the huge cultural heritage of Paris.
What’s best? The permanent collections of the museums of the city are free for all! Temporary exhibitions are free for people under 18.
If you would like to know more about ticket prices and special offers, take a look at Museums in Paris. To support the museums and allow them to remain free buy a “donation” ticket to visit the permanent collections and the temporary exhibitions. You can buy it for 5 €, a rate applied on the basis of the voluntary donations of visitors.
The museums of Paris offer a large number of temporary exhibitions throughout the year.
Paris Musées, Museums of Paris
Here is the list of the 14 museums you can visit in Paris for free.
- Musée d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris
- Maison de Balzac
- Musée Bourdelle
- Musée Carnavalet – Histoire de Paris
- Les Catacombes de Paris
- Crypte archéologique de l’îIe de la Cité
- Musée Cernuschi – Musée des Arts asiatiques de la Ville de Paris
- Musée Cognacq-Jay – Musée du XVIIIe siècle de la Ville de Paris
- Musée du général Leclerc de Hauteclocque et de la Libération de Paris – Musée Jean Moulin
- Palais Galliera- Musée de la mode de la Ville de Paris
- Petit Palais – Musée des Beaux-Arts de la Ville de Paris
- Musée de la Vie romantique
- Maison de Victor Hugo à Paris
- Musée Zadkine
Read more about what to do in Paris for free!