All-year free museums in Paris
Even if Paris is considered one of the most expensive cities in the world, you can access many museums in Paris for free. Some of them are free only on the first Sunday of the month, while others are always free. Some of them allow you to access all the exhibitions for free, while others provide free access to permanent collections only. It is a great way to save money while experiencing Parisian culture!
If you are planning to come to Paris, you can organize your paths considering which free attractions to visit. Besides the following ones, Notre-Dame Cathedral and other important churches – such as Sainte Chapelle – are visitable for free!
Free entry museums in Paris
Whether it’s the first Sunday of the month or not, you can always access these museums in Paris for free.
- Contemporary Art Museum in Paris, i.e. Musée d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris, at 11 avenue du Président Wilson, arr. 16;
- Musée Cernuschi, in Paris arrondissiment 8, at 7 avenue Velasquez;
- Petit Palais and Musée des Beaux Arts de la Ville de Paris in Paris arrondissement 8, Avenue Winston Churchill;
- Atelier Brancusi – Musée national d’art moderne – Centre Pompidou, in Rue Saint Martin / Place Georges Pompidou, arr. 4;
- Centre d’art contemporain Le Plateau , rue des Alouettes et Carducci, arr. 19;
- Mémorial de la Shoah, 17 rue Geoffroy l’Asnier, arr. 4;
- Musée d’Ennery offers free entry on Saturday, with advance booking. It is at 59 Avenue Foch, arr. 16.
Free permanent exhibitions in Paris
You can enter for free in the following museums if you are ok with visiting permanent collections only.
- Maison de Balzac, at 47 rue Raynouard, arrondissement 16;
- Maison de Victor Hugo, 6 place des Vosges, arrondissement 4;
- Musée de la Vie Romantique, at 16 rue Chaptal, arr. 9;
- Nouveau musée du parfum Fragonard, at 3-5 square de l’Opéra Louis-Jouvet, arr.9;
- Musée Bourdelle, at 16 rue Antoine Bourdelle, Paris arrondissement 15;
- Musée Cognacq-Jay, 8 rue Elzévir, arr. 3;
- Musée Zadkine, 100 bis rue d’Assas, arrondissement 6.