Paris at Night, what you can do in the city at night
If you are in the city, you will surely need some information about Paris at night! Nightlife in Paris is very lively and you have many choices to decide what to do. I collected experiences in Paris by night to know what is better to do in every situation. It changes when you are tired or if you are in the mood for an event.
One thing I can tell you for sure: you will never get bored in Paris at night!
What to do in Paris at Night
When you think in Paris at night, it seems a city so huge that you can’t control the things that happen and you can’t decide among all the choices! Anyway, calm down and remember that even just taking a walk at night is a must, in Paris. That is because Paris is famous for its blinding lights! Just think that it is also known as la Ville Lumière, the city of the lights. Anyway, let’s find out which activities to do in Paris at night.
- Take a walk or a cruise. Even if this is the simplest activity to do in Paris at night, this is one of the most beautiful things you will see. Once that lights turn on, you can admire the view of Paris with the enlightened Tour Eiffel. Plus, imagine taking a cruise on the Seine crossing the bridges that are even more romantic at night. Seeing Paris lights is a unique experience and that is why you can even find a bus or Bateaux mouches tours about seeing Paris during the night. If you want to stay away from the Tour Eiffel area, I think a great alternative is a walk along Canal St Martin.
- Cabaret show. Mostly if you are in Paris for a long time, I suggest going at least one night to a show. For example, you can go to a Cabaret show! Seeing the actual burlesque and cancan is amazing! You can choose among the best cabarets in town: the Moulin Rouge, the Crazy Horse, Les Folies Bergères, Le Paradis Latin and Le Lido.
- A night at the Opera. Another of my favorite activities to do in Paris at night is going to the Opera! You just have to choose which show you want to see and where. The most famous Operas in Paris are the Opéra Garnier, arrondissement 9, where you can surely see ballets. The Opéra Bastille, arrondissement 12, is where you can mostly find concerts. Close to the Opéra Bastille, there is the Olympia Theatre, where you can see artists from all over the world.
- Listen to concerts. If you are into music, you can choose among many different kinds of music to listen to! If you are into classical, I suggest taking a look at the programs of AccorHotels Arena, Palais des Sports, Chatelet Theater (Théatre du Chatelet), the Zenith and the Mogador Theater (Theatre Mogador). They host international artists of all the genres. If you are into jazz, take a look at the best jazz clubs in Paris!
- Movies. If you love cinema, you can join many meetings about cinema d’essai. Programs vary during the year but I suggest noting down the following names of different cinemas where you will surely find something you are into Cinémathèque Française; Le Champo; Forum des Images; Grand Action; Studio 28; Le Louxor.
- Going clubbing and to discos. I have some suggestions for you! If you are into 90s electro music, I suggest going to the Rex Club, on Grands Boulevards. Another great club is the T7, at Porte de Versailles. If you are in Paris for more than 2 nights, I suggest going to Le Concrete, close to the Gare de Lyon, and to Les Nuits Fauves and The Garage, two places on Quai d’Austerlitz. Also, note that one of the most lively areas of Paris for nightlife is Le Marais!
- Aperitifs. If you want to do something very European, you can’t miss the possibility to drink an aperitif. The best bars where you can do it are the Harry’s Bar, the Lucien, the Sherry Butt, and the Candelaria. These are the places where you can be sure to try authentic French Beer or the best cocktails in Paris.
- Visit museums in Paris at night. I report this possibility as the last because I think that after spending all day visiting Paris you might don’t want to see other museums. Anyway, for those who love culture so much, there is the chance to find some museums open at night too. I suggest controlling which ones are open during every time of the year since they vary a lot.
Once you decided what to do and where to go in Paris at night, take a look at Paris Night Transports to figure out how to go there!