How to choose a transports pass in Paris
It is great to know everything in advance about transports pass in Paris. When you visit Paris, you move around a lot. Here you can read all the information you need to choose in advance the best transports pass for your needs.
I think these ones are the bests!
Pass for transports in Paris
RATP transports pass
The acronym RATP is referred to the public transports in Paris.
- Ratp ticket price: it costs 1.90 €. You can choose to buy a 10 ticket carnet. It is called T+ and it costs 14.90 € for adults and 7.45 € for children. If your children are younger than 4, they travel for free.
- Ratp daily ticket price: It costs 7.50 €. If you are younger than 26, you pay 4.10 at the weekend and holidays. The weekly RATP transports pass costs 22.80 €, the monthly 75.20 €.
The T+ is ok if you want to take just one type of transports. To change from metro to bus you need to take another ticket.
Paris Visite transports pass
The transports pass Paris Visite is designed for tourists. Buying this, you can travel in zone 1, 2 and 3 or in zone 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Paris Visite cost varies according to the days you need it.
- Paris Visite price for zones 1, 2 and 3 is 12 € for a day; 19.50 € for 2 days; 26.65 € for 3 days and 38,35 for 5 days.
- Paris Visite for zones 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 costs 25.25 € for 1 day, 38.35 € for 2 days, 53.75 for 3 days and 65.80 for 5 days.
If your children are younger than 4 they travel for free. If they are younger than 11, the price is half of the full amount.
The advantage is that with the transports pass Paris Visite you can take the metro, RER trains, SNCF trains, buses, tram, and Montmartre funicular.
The disadvantage is that you can travel only in certain zones.
Plus: if you buy the Paris Pass, a card that includes museum Pass and various discounts, you will have Paris Visite card included.
Passlib transports pass
Paris Passlib is the transports pass that allows you to choose among various formulas.
The Mini Passlib includes a 1-hour cruise on the Seine and the access to the Eiffel Tower. It costs 20 €.
The other Passlib options include the Paris Visite for 2 days the Paris Museum Pass for 2 days, a one-hour cruise on the Seine, 1-day access to a panoramic bus, free access to the municipal museums of Paris and the access to the Eiffel Tower. You can choose if buy it for 2, 3, or 5 days.
If you choose Passlib, you can download its app for smartphones.
If you are coming to Paris for a long time Paris Navigo could be something you will need.
Paris Navigo is a special transport pass for those who come to Paris for a long time. You can subscribe to it for a week or for a month. From Erasmus students to business travelers, this is a very useful solution! That’s because you can use it from Monday to Sunday, so it covers all week. Plus, Paris Navigo allows you to take every transport you need in Paris.
You can buy Paris Navigo transports pass anywhere. You have time till Thursday to be sure that it will be valid during the entire week. You can even buy it at the Airpot the second you arrive in Paris. Note down that this pass does not include Airport transfer for Orly airport but it is valid for Filéo Bus for Charles de Gaulle CDG Airport. Once you have decided that Navigo is the pass for you, remember to take a picture of yourself, in a passport format, to put on the card they sell you. The most important information you need is the following:
- The weekly pass costs € 22.80. Buying this, you will circulate in zones 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Unlike other transports pass. Paris Navigo includes also Versailles and Disneyland. This is very comfortable!
- You must pay an extra of 5 euros for the card itself. It will be an investment since it is valid for 10 years. If you come to Paris again, you can use it for the second time!
If you want to buy the Navigo Découverte, you can do it also at the airport CDG Charles de Gaulle and at Orly Airport. If you prefer, you find it also in every metro station.
Mobilis – daily transports pass
(ok for RER Orly, RER CG, Orlybus and Roissybus too)
This transports pass is okay if you need to do many journeys on a specific day. It is referred to zones, so it is good when you decide to make a trip in zones where you usually don’t go. Think about a trip to Versailles!
- Mobilis 1-2 costs 7.50 €
- The Mobilis 1-3 costs 10.00 €
- Mobilis 1-4 costs 12.30 € (and it is ok for RER Orly and Orlybus too)
- The Mobilis 1-5 costs 17.80 € (and it is ok for RER CG and Roissybus too)