Updates about COVID-19 in France, May 2021
May 30, 2021
- The latest news about COVID-19 in France reports more than 60 additional deaths in total and more than 10000 new cases in the latest 24 hours. As the vaccine campaign proceeds, France is beginning a gradual deconfinement.
May 27, 2021
- Variants of Covid-19 are multiplying and reviving the epidemic, even as borders are reopening everywhere. To prevent a fourth wave caused by foreign travelers, France has imposed a quarantine on nationals of 17 countries.
- According to the latest report about COVID-19 in France, there are more than 140 additional deaths and more than 12000 new cases in the latest 24 hours.
- Due to the active circulation of the Indian variant of Covid-19 in Britain, France has decided to put in place “compulsory isolation” for travelers from the United Kingdom. This measure will come into force on Monday, May 31, 2021.
May 25, 2021
- The latest news about COVID-19 in France reports 62 additional deaths and more than 2000 new cases in 24 hours.
May 24, 2021
- The news report 70 additional deaths for COVID-19 in France, and more than 9000 new cases in the latest 24 hours. The vaccination campaign is accelerating.
May 21, 2021
- The latest news about COVID-19 in France reports more than 130 additional deaths and more than 3000 ICU cases in the latest 24 hours.
May 19, 2021
- Now that reopenings are finally a thing, people are preparing to celebrate the fete de la musique, the day dedicated to music. There will be a 2021 music festival, but masks will be mandatory, but now the sanitary pass is not required. There will be a curfew from 11 pm.
- According to the latest report about COVID-19 in France, there are 196 additional deaths and 3350 new cases.
May 17, 2021
- The number of cases of the epidemic in France is slowly decreasing. For the first time since October 2020, there have been less than 100 deaths in the latest 24 hours.
- Even if a total deconfinement is still far, non-essential places are gradually reopening. Also, businesses asked for openings on Sundays.
14 May 2021
- The latest news about COVID-19 cases in France report 184 deaths and more than 20.000 new cases in the latest 24 hours.
- From now on, you can recycle your masks in Paris! You just need to go to a collection point for masks in the main squares.
- Finally, some places will reopen. From May 19, 2021, the Palais de la Porte Dorée will reopen its doors.
- Pay attention!! The reservation for the Louvre is now open. From May 19, 2021, the Louvre Museum will reopen its doors as well!
May 12, 2021
- According to the latest report about COVID-19, there are 251 deaths and more than 19000 new cases.
- The Prime Minister confirmed that there will be a ‘health pass’.
- In the planning of the deconfinement, there is still no space for nightclubs. According to some sources, they may reopen from July 1, 2021.
May 10, 2021
- According to the latest report about COVID-19 in France, there are 115 additional deaths and more than 9000 new cases.
- During the latest weekend, 98% of ICU results as occupied in France.
May 7, 2021
- The spreading of the virus is still rising in France. The latest news report 219 additional deaths in the latest 24 hours, and more than 5000 ICU cases. In France, 103% of ICU are occupied.
May 5, 2021
- The latest news about COVID-19 in France report 311 additional deaths and 5630 cases in ICU.
- Good news for those who would like to get married in Paris: wedding ceremonies will be able to resume from Wednesday, May 19, 2021, with a health protocol to apply.
May 3, 2021
- From today, France will slowly start deconfinement. By now, there still is a curfew from 7 pm to 6 am.
- The latest report about COVID-19 reports 192 additional deaths and more than 5000 new cases in the latest 24 hours.