Ile Saint-Louis, attractions and where to go
Ile Saint-Louis is one of the most interesting attractions of Paris. It is one of the islands of the city, in the heart of Paris. Plus, it is in one of my favorite districts of Paris, arrondissement 4.
I always suggest going there at least one day, to experience the beauty of this islands in the center of Paris. Here you can find where to eat, what to see and where going shopping on the Saint Louis.
Ile Saint-Louis attractions
Think about visiting Ile Saint-Louis island after a cruise on the Seine. You can also reach this one after visiting Ile de la Cité, where Notre Dame Cathedral is.
Once you get on Ile Saint-Louis, you can go visiting its attractions. Here what I suggest visiting:
- Saint-Louis-en-Ile church. It is one of the most important catholic churches. By visiting it, you can admire the beauty of the baroque style in France. Pay attention to the bell tower too!
- the Palaces. If you just walk through the streets of the islands, you immediatley pay attention to the wonderful palaces. If you are an architecture lover, you must see Hotel de Lauzun and Hotel Lambert. They both are very beautiful and interesting buildings.
Where to go shopping
From the best wines to the most elegant clothing, on Ile Saint-Louis you can find the best shops to buy souvenirs for you or your dearest parents and friends.
Here some addresses and names of the ones I think you may enjoy the most on Saint Louis.
- Nicolas Saint Louis en Ile, rue Saint-Louis en Ile 64;
- 78isl, Rue Saint-Louis en Ile 64;
- Oliviers & co, rue Saint Louis en Ile 81;
- Ile aux Images, rue Saint Louis en Ile 51;
- Antiquites Eric Dubois, rue Saint Pau 32;
- Clair de Reve, Rue Saint Louis en Ile 35;
- L’Etiquette, Rue Jean du Bellay 10.
Ile Saint Louis, where to eat
If you decide to spend the entire day visiting Saint-Louis island, it may be good to know where are the best places where you can eat something. In this area of the city, you can taste French cuisine recipes in a traditional or revisited way. You only have to choose which place attracts you the most!
- Chez Robert e Louis, rue Vieille 64;
- Page 35, rue du Parc Royal 4;
- La Tour d’Argent, quai de la Tournelle 15;
- Le Petit Marche, rue de Béarn 9;
- Pom’Canelle, Rue des Deux Ponts 27;
- Le Fous de l’Ile, Rue des Deux Ponts 33.